Rihanna, Lady Gaga And Black Eyed Peas: The Top 25 Songs Of 2010

The end of 2010 is almost upon us, which is why MTV News is rounding up the Top Songs of 2010. We had over two dozen MTV News staffers submit their own personal lists of their 25 favorite songs, and from those lists we derived a master list whose top 10 will be slowly rolling out over the course of this week. Check out one of the 25 lists below, with an argument or two for the greatness of some of the under-appreciated tunes of the year.
3. "Only Girl (In the World)," Rihanna
DC: I would like to say that the common thread between all these songs we've picked to discuss is the very specific way each one of them makes you feel and makes you move.
VW: We love to move.
DC: "Only Girl" is a prime example. It starts off really low key...
VW: But then going into the first chorus, when the beat starts to pick up? Super sick.
DC: Rihanna's voice is kind of raw, and the lyrics are really tough.
VW: It's a very strong take on a love song. Like, "I'll make you so happy, but you have to make me feel like the only girl in the world."
DC: The beat seriously makes me want to be on a pogo stick. That's ridiculous, but it's true. It makes me want to pump my fist "Jersey Shore"-style.
VW: I'm totally beating the beat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...