Keyshia Cole Finds Herself Through Reality Show

Keyshia Cole's most significant moment came in 2006, when her reality show, 'Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is,' debuted on BET. The series -- which documented the exploits of Keyshia and her family (mainly her sister Neffe and mother Frankie) -- aired for three seasons and was a ratings hit for the network.

"My first defining moment I would have to say was the reality show," Cole told the BoomBox. "It helped me, of course, define myself. It helped a lot with my audience to be able to get to know me. So it was very helpful in every aspect that I can even think of. It helped me grow into the woman that I am today."
During the show's run, Cole was filmed while she was recording two albums, 'Just Like You' (2007) and 'A Different Me' (2008), along with plenty of drama that ensued in between. Cole has stayed busy; her fourth and latest album, 'Calling All Hearts,' was released in December 2010.

"I'm always singing, I'm always writing, I'm always performing, the ball never stops for me," says the R&B starlet. "A Keyshia Cole album comes together with thoughts, different things I've been through, different things I've seen, family members, experience [and] being honest about what I've learned in that time frame of my life," she says.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...