Keyshia Cole, 'Take Me Away' -- New Song

Keyshia Cole's latest single, 'Take Me Away', is a late-night-love jam released just in time for lovers' favorite holiday.

The song's lush, bright veneer aligns the tune with both modern R&B and the genre's classic '90s sound, particularly of the female diva variety.
The production is sparse, reverb-rich and dappled with twinkling piano lines, allowing Cole's voice, as well as the breathy background vocal harmonies, to shine through with lyrics like: "I'm so in love with you / No lie I'm telling the truth / I'm your woman / Now baby take me away."

Cole carries the song with honeyed conviction, and listening to the chorus line of "I love my baby" feels almost voyeuristic, as if her lyrics were meant to be whispered into an ear rather than sung into a microphone. It's Cole at her best: composed and introspective, wearing her heart on her sleeve.

'Take Me Away' is the third single off Cole's fourth studio record, 'Calling All Hearts', which peaked at No. 9 on Billboard's Top 200 chart last December.

Listen to Keyshia Cole's 'Take Me Away' on AOL Radio's New R&B First station.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...