Food is not a luxury

Christina Aguilera has revealed that becoming a mother inspired her to help children who were less fortunate.

The 30-year-old, who has son Max with estranged husband Jordan Bratman, explained that having a child made her want to get involved with supporting underprivileged kids. She told InStyle: "After I became a mum, I felt passionate about the fact that no child should go hungry. Food is not a luxury."

The actress is now working on various charitable ventures with international peace-seeking organisation the United Nations (UN).She has also become an ambassador for the UN's World Food Programme (WFP), which helps encourage self-sustainability throughout the world.

Aguilera said that she was touched by the Haitian people when she visited their country last year.

She explained: "Through my involvement, I've helped the WFP raise $12m (£7.7m) - that's a staggering 43.5 million meals.
"I've seen swollen bellies and hair that's turned white from lack of nutrition, and yet some of the people I've met have such optimism; it's incredible. One kid in Haiti was telling me how he adores school. He never misses a day, he dreams of becoming a doctor.
"That sort of thing makes you want to work that much harder for those kids who truly want to succeed and rise above whatever they're going through."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...